The Big Idea is coordinated by The Big Issue, Australia’s longest standing and most significant social enterprise. The Big Issue is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that delivers solutions to help homeless, marginalised and disadvantaged people to positively change their http://thebigidea.org.au
What is The Big Idea?
The Big Idea will leverage The Big Issue’s expertise and networks to immerse university students in the world of social enterprise. Students are encouraged to develop their own social enterprise idea, which will be put to our panel of expert judges. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students can get involved.
Participating students will learn with us during the second half of the year, gaining unprecedented access to social entrepreneurs, Australian ‘Thought Leaders’ and experts across various sectors. This guidance, advice and direction will ensure students are well placed to understand social issues and develop their ideas into viable business plans.
Why Get Involved?
- Student prizes include a professional immersion day for the winning team at The Big Issue’s head office and PwC Australia’s office in Melbourne, including flights and accommodation if the winning team is based outside Melbourne. Every member of the winning team will also win an Apple iPad.
- Murdoch Students can gain Credit for participating in the Big Idea competition. Also might be eligible to enrol in the unit “MSP201 Real World Learning” as a Murdoch Spine, Breadth or elective unit option.
Registration: June onwards (Open Now)
Information Session: 24 July 10:00 AM – 11.30 AM Launchpad Murdoch Perth Live Event
Internal Judging Day: 26 October
Semi Finalist Judging round: 12-13 November
Finalist Judging: 4 December
- Team of 3 with a leader can participate. Open to all undergraduate students.
- An Information session on 24 July 2018 from 10:00 AM – 11.30 AM being presented by Karina Jenkin form The Big Issue at the Launchpad, Get in touch NOW!
- Go to the Website: http://thebigidea.org.au/login/
- Password for login is student2018